White chocolate meringue fridge cake
Total time:plus chilling time
Skill level: Easy peasy
This white chocolate meringue fridge cake doesn’t need any baking which means its perfect for making with the kids and the perfect excuse to spend some quality time with them too. Pour all the mixture into a tin and leave to set in the fridge before enjoying this decadent, rich cake. You can decorate with melted chocolate and colourful sprinkles to turn this treat into a kids favourite.
- 150g digestive biscuits
- 4 ready-made meringue nests
- 30g dried cranberries
- 150g butter
- 2tbsp golden syrup
- 200g white chocolate
Allow the cake to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes to make it easier to cut.
- Line a 1lb loaf tin with cling film. Place the biscuits in a plastic sandwich bag and crush with a rolling pin
- In a large bowl place the meringue nests and crush
- Add the biscuit crumbs and cranberries and mix
- In a saucepan gently heat the butter, golden syrup and chocolate until the butter and chocolate are fully melted. Pour the chocolate and butter over the biscuits, meringues and cranberries and mix until well
- Press into the loaf tin and transfer to the fridge to set firm. When set, remove from the fridge and cut into slices