Peanut butter and banana French toast
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This is a substantial breakfast that will leave you full for ages. It would make an equally delicious dish for brunch. With a thick layer of peanut butter, soft white bread and juicy banana slices, this sweet treat is perfect for brightening up your weekend and the kids will love it too!
- 4 slices of white bread
- 3tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 1 large banana, sliced
- 2 eggs
- Dash of milk
- Maple syrup to serve
You could substitute the peanut butter and maple syrup for chocolate spread to make it more of a dessert.
- Spread your peanut butter onto one half of two of the slices of bread. You may find this easier to do if you warm the peanut butter slightly first.
- Beat the eggs with a dash of milk. coat both sides of the plain bread and one half of the bread with the peanut butter.
- Top the peanut butter with banana slices and sandwich together.
- Fry each side of the sandwich together on a low heat so that the egg can cook through.
- Serve golden brown and top with as much or as little maple syrup as you desire.