Roast vegetable and chickpea salad
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
It is great to have a salad but we all love a hearty meal also. This salad combines both perfectly. The roasted vegetables add so much flavour and is a great way to have a healthy meal. This delicious dish is packed full of flavour and only takes 30 mins to cook in total. Full of healthy ingredients, you can have this dish as a light dinner and a healthy leftover lunch the next day.
- 450g butternut squash, cubed
- 2 red peppers
- 4 aubergines
- 4 courgettes
- 4 red onions
- 600g chickpeas (cooked weight)
- 80ml olive oil
- 2tbsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1tbsp flat leaf parsley, chopped
You could spice this salad up a little by adding a little chilli powder to the vegetables.
- Pre-heat oven to 220C/425F/Fan 200C/Gas Mark 7
- Cut all of the vegetables into large chunks , brush with a little of the oil and roast until tender.
- Mix the roasted vegetables and the chickpeas.
- Prepare the dressing by whisking the oil, lemon juice, garlic and thyme together. Cover the salad with the dressing. Sprinkle with the parsley and serve