Skill level: Easy peasy
Wigan chicken is named after the town it was first created in. It is really quick to prepare and cook so it is a great simple meal if you are ever in a rush. It is a great treat to creating sticky chicken without a long marinade process. It only takes 15 mins to cook and is a speedy mid-week dish that is also perfect for cooking on the BBQ in the summer months too. Serve with mixed salad leaves and enjoy.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2tbsp tomato sauce
- 3tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 flour tortillas
- Mixed salad leaves to serve
You could try to add cooked rice and sweetcorn to give it more of a burrito feel.
- Cut the chicken into bite sized cubes and coat in the soy sauce and tomato sauce.
- Place the coated chicken and the sauce into a frying pan, cover with a lid and leave to cook.
- Meanwhile warm your tortillas in a warm grill.
- Place the cooked sticky chicken pieces into your tortilla, top with salad and wrap