Salmon, anchovy and caper pizza
Skill level: Easy peasy
Salty anchovy and rich smoked salmon are made even more yummy with the addition of cream cheese and capers. To finish it off, some fresh lemon zest adds some extra zing. This may not be exactly like ‘mamma use to make’, but we reckon she would still want the recipe!
- ½tbsp capers, roughly chopped
- 30g anchovies, roughly chopped
- Large pinch dried red chilli
- 1tbsp olive oil plus extra for drizzling
- 1 tbsp lemon juice plus 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1x pizza base
- 1x jar pizza sauce
- 100g cream cheese
- 70g smoked salmon, shredded
- Fresh dill
- Fresh ground black pepper
Don’t be tempted to add too much salt, if any to this pizza. The mixture of anchovy and capers should give more than enough of a salty hit!
- Combine the capers, anchovies and chilli in a small bowl along with the lemon juice and Tbsp olive oil. Leave to sit for 10 mins for the flavours to infuse.
- Pre-heat the oven to 425F/220C/Electric Fan 200C/Gas Mark 7. Spread some of the sauce on top of the pizza base and dollop on the cream cheese. Scatter over the anchovy mix and shredded smoked salmon. Put the pizza directly onto the top shelf and cook for 8-10 minutes or as long as the instructions for the pizza base gives, based on pizza toppings.
- Take out of the oven and finish off with some fresh dill, a sprinkle of lemon zest and some crushed black pepper along with a drizzle of olive oil.