Skewered beef with chimichurri sauce
Skill level: Easy peasy
Chimichurri sauce is a delicious bright green South American marinade and sauce. So versatile it works well with beef, chicken, fish, vegetables and even pasta. Fresh garlic, cayenne flakes and oregano turns this dish into a delicious, flavor-packed treat that is perfect for sharing. This dish takes 8 mins to cook and is a dinner that you can rustle up mid-week.
- 25g bunch fresh flat leaf parsley trimmed of stems
- 325g bunch fresh coriander
- 4-6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2tsp dried oregano
- 100ml white wine vinegar
- 250ml olive oil
- 1/4tsp cayenne or chilli flakes
- 1tsp sea salt flakes
- freshly ground black pepper
- 800g sirloin or fillet steak
If you donít have a food processor, just chop the herbs and garlic as fine as you can and mix everything together in a bowl.
- Put all the ingredients except the steak, into a food processor and blend until finely chopped.
- Cut the steak into 2.5cm chunks and thread onto metal skewers. Place in a shallow dish and spoon over half the sauce. Leave in a cool place for 1 hour.
- Cook the beef under the grill or on a barbecue for about 6-8 mins until browned and cooked through.
- Place on a serving dish and pour over the remaining sauce and leave to rest for a few mins before serving.