Chicken tikka wraps
Prep time:plus marinating
Total time:plus marinating
Skill level: Easy peasy
These tasty curried kebabs are great for a barbecue on a balmy summerís evening. They are best prepared a day in advance to allow the spicy yoghurt marinade to impart plenty of flavour into the raw chicken and make it extra tender. Pack the chicken quite tightly onto the skewers as this will help to keep the chicken moist and cook more evenly. Make a cooling cucumber and mint sauce to serve with the kebabs by mixing grated cucumber and chopped mint into natural yoghurt with a splash of lemon juice and a large pinch of salt.
- 300g natural yoghurt
- 3tbsp tikka curry paste
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 600g skinless chicken breast fillets, cubed
- 2 little gem lettuces, chopped
- Ĺ red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 5cm piece cucumber, finely chopped
- 2tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 4 chapattis
- Cucumber and mint yoghurt, to serve
For spicier chicken kebabs replace the tikka paste with tandoori or Madras curry paste.
- Mix together the yoghurt, tikka paste and lemon juice in a shallow non-metallic dish and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add the cubed chicken and turn to coat in the marinade. Cover and marinate in the fridge for 3-4hrs or overnight.
- Thread the chicken onto 8 metal skewers. Cook on a medium-hot barbecue for 10-15mins, turning frequently, until the chicken is cooked through and lightly charred in places.
- Meanwhile, mix together the lettuce, onion, cucumber and half the coriander. Warm the chapattis on the edge of the barbecue.
- To serve, top the warmed chapattis with the salad and kebabs. Scatter over the remaining coriander and serve with cucumber and mint yoghurt.