Prosciutto wrapped chicken with butternut squash risotto
Skill level: Bit of effort
A satisfying supper dish for those chilly Autumn days, best served with some steamed Tenderstem broccoli. The creamy risotto is easy to make and the addition of butternut squash compliments the roasted chicken. This dish perfect if you have guests coming round as it’s impressive yet simple. Just double the ingredients below to serve 4. With only 25 mins in the oven, this delicious dish is speedy and flavoursome all in one.
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 1/2 small squash (about 300g) peeled and cut into small chunks
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 50g butter
- 100g Arborio risotto rice
- 800ml–1litre hot chicken stock
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped flat leaf parsley
- 25g freshly grated Parmesan
- A handful of rocket
It’s cheaper to buy chicken breast with the skin on. To remove the skin hold one end firmly with paper towel and pull off sharply.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Fan 180°C/Gas Mark 6
- Take the chicken breasts and wrap two slices of prosciutto around each one and place in a small baking tray. Bake in the oven for 20-25 mins until cooked through.
- Toss the squash in the oil and spread in a small baking tray. Place in the oven alongside the chicken and cook for about 10 mins until just tender. Remove and put to one side.
- To make the risotto melt half the butter in a heavy based frying pan. Add the rice and cook over a gentle heat for a minute, stirring all the time. Gradually ladle in the hot stock a little at a time, stirring continuously.
- After about 15 mins, when the rice is just tender, stir in the cooked squash. Carry on adding the hot stock until the rice is creamy. Stir in the remaining butter, parsley and parmesan.
- Spoon the risotto onto warm plates and scatter over the rocket. Top with the chicken and serve.