Amaretti and nut torte
Total time:plus at leat 3 hours chilling
Skill level: Easy peasy
This rich, dark chocolate based Amaretti and nut torte is the perfect cake for sharing with friends and family. This recipe has been triple tested in the Woman’s Weekly kitchen and is sure to please. With a crisp biscuit filling, this delicious cake can be served with ice cream for a sophisticated dessert or on its own as a sweet afternoon treat. Dust lightly with icing sugar before serving for an elegant finish. This torte serves up to 12 people. If you have any leftover pop into an airtight container and store in the fridge until needed.
- 100g bar dark chocolate
- 1 large egg, plus 1 large egg yolk
- 3tbsps golden caster sugar
- 75g unsalted butter
- 100g toasted chopped hazelnuts, toasted flaked almonds or a mixture of the two
- 125g Amaretti biscuits (half a bag)
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- 15-18cm (6-7in) cake tin, lined with baking parchment
Put a doily on top of th etorte before dredging with icing sugar to produce a patterned effect
- Melt the chocolate, then leave it to cool for a few minutes. Whisk the egg and yolk with the sugar for 5 minutes, until thick and foamy.
- Warm the butter in a pan and when it bubbles, pour it into the egg mixture and whisk well. Whisk in the chocolate and stir in the nuts. Crush the biscuits in your hand straight into the mixture, and mix in well.
- Spoon and smooth mixture into the tin. Chill for at least 3 hours or, ideally, overnight. Take out of the tin, dust with icing sugar, then slice and cut into chunks.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 225(kcal)
- Fat 16.0g
- Saturates 5.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.