Stuffed chicken with spinach
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This is very delicious stuffed chicken with spinach is less than 300 calories per serving. It is very easy to prepare with most of the cooking done in the oven. In the meantime you can prepare and sides you'd like to serve with the chicken such as rice or broccoli. The sweet honey and spring onion mix add a delicious flavour to the chicken breast leaving it tender and succulent and with only 4g of fat, what's not to love about this healthy mid-week meal
- Spray oil
- 25g baby spinach
- 2 spring onions
- 2 prunes, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 small skinless chicken breast
- 1tbsp honey
- 100g tenderstem broccoli, steamed, to serve
Serve the chicken with fresh tenderstem broccoli and rice
- To make this chicken breast recipe, set the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6. Heat a non-stick frying pan and give it a spray of oil. Add the shredded spinach, chopped spring onions and prunes. Cook until the spinach wilts. Season.
- Cut a slit in the top of the chicken and open out. Press in the spinach mixture. Place the chicken on baking parchment on a baking tray and drizzle over the honey. Bake in the centre of the oven for 20-30 mins, or until the juices run clear when the chicken is pierced, and it’s starting to turn golden.
- Transfer the chicken to a serving plate. Spoon over any juices that have run out. Serve with broccoli.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 277(kcal)
- Fat 4.0g
- Saturates 0.7g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.