Low-calorie tuna pasta
Skill level: Easy peasy
Tasty low-calorie tuna pasta is simple and quick to make and under 350 calories. Cook wholewheat pasta twists and green beans and add to a cheese and milk sauce. Then stir in cooked fresh tuna and serve. This delicious dish will keep you full until dinner time and is a great way to using up any leftover fish you might have from last night's dinner. Simple and delicious, with a light low-fat sauce, this creamy lunch recipe is full of flavour.
- 45g wholewheat pasta twists
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 75g green beans
- Spray oil
- 100g fresh tuna
- 25g tub low-fat cream cheese, eg, Philadelphia Lightest
- 3tbsp skimmed milk
- Salt and pepper
You can used tinned tuna instead
- Cook the pasta twists and garlic in a pan of boiling water for 7-8 mins. Add the beans to the pan and cook for a further 3-4 mins, until the pasta and beans are tender, then drain.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan, spray lightly with oil and sear the tuna on all sides, then remove the tuna from the pan and cut it into chunks.
- Add the cheese and milk to the hot pan. Stir in the pasta and beans, season, then stir in the tuna and serve.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 349(kcal)
- Fat 8.0g
- Saturates 0.2g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.