Tagliatelle with gorgonzola
Skill level: Easy peasy
If you love blue cheese then this is the recipe for you. Gorgonzola blue cheese from Italy makes a particularly good sauce but you can substitute any blue cheese you like. A thick creamy sauce with plenty of tagliatelle is a hearty but sophisticated dish which is perfect for rustling up on a Friday night. This dish is so simple to make, the whole family are going to love tucking into it come the weekend. 15 mins on the hob – this dish is not to be missed!
- 400g tagliatelle
- 200g Gorgonzola, crumbled
- 2tsp fresh chopped sage
- 250ml creme fraiche
- 25g butter, melted
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4tbsp freshly grated Parmesan
Try this recipe with the addition of some toasted chopped walnuts and lightly cooked and chopped asparagus.
- Cook the tagliatelle according to packet instructions.
- Put the cheese, sage and creme fraiche into a saucepan and stir gently over a low heat.
- Drain the pasta and toss in the melted butter and season. Divide the pasta between 4 warm bowls.
- Pour over the cheese sauce, sprinkle with the Parmesan and serve.