- 120g brown modelling paste for the mane
- 60g orange fondant for the head
- 30g cream fondant for the chin
- Black sugar pearls for the eyes
- Chinese clear noodles for the whiskers
How cute are these lion cupcakes? The kids are going to love them! If you’re throwing a jungle-themed party for your tots or fancy putting a big smile on their cute little faces, these cupcakes will surely do the trick.
These lion cupcakes may look tricky to make but our cupcake queen Victoria Threader has made it easy with a simple step-by-step picture recipe.
It doesn’t take much to make the cupcakes, we just a basic vanilla cupcake mixture. You could try chocolate or other flavours too – whatever is your child’s favourite flavour.
Topped with a easy-to-make fondant design, these creative and fun cupcakes are great for practising your cupcake decorating skills. Most shops have ready-coloured fondant so you’ll be able to find the modelling fondant easily enough.
- 6cm wavy double-sided cookie cutter
- 3cm heart cookie cutter
- 23mm, 10mm circle cutters
- Rolling pin
- Small nail scissors (For food use only)
- Cocktail stick
- Water brush
- Smile tool or the edge of small circle cutter for the smile
- Ball tool or the end of a teaspoon
Step 1Make up a batch of our basic cupcakes and allow to cool.
Whip up our classic vanilla buttercream and either pipe a swirl onto the cakes or spread a layer with a palette knife.