Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
With similar flavours and textures to a tiramisu, this delicious creamy and light Frappucino mousse dessert recipe is sure to become a family favourite. Layers upon layers of flavour with a dusting of chocolate on top. Perfect if you've got friends and family over for dinner. The coffee flavour is not too strong, but strong enough to leave a delicious aftertaste in your mouth. Packed with cream and sweetness, this delicious dessert will go down a treat. Serve in cappacino cups with an almond biscuit.
IngredientsFor the creamy layer:
- 4 leaves of gelatine
- 250ml hot espresso coffee
- 2 tbsps demerara sugar
- 4 tbsps full-cream milk
- 300ml pot whipping cream — take out 4 tbsps for the topping
- 1 leaf of gelatine
- 150ml hot espresso coffee
- 1 tsp demerara sugar
- Chocolate-coated coffee beans, to decorate
Make the coffee for the creamy layer in a cafetière with 1-2 rounded tbsps ground coffee, depending on how strong you like it.
- To make the creamy layer: Put the gelatine leaves in a bowl of cold water for 5 mins, to soften. Squeeze the water out and add them to the hot coffee, with the sugar. Stir until dissolved. Leave to cool.
- Whisk in the milk and cream, pour into coffee cups and leave to set.
- To make the espresso layer: Soften the gelatine, as above. Add to the hot coffee with the sugar. Cool, then pour over the set creamy layer. Leave to set.
- Just before serving, lightly whip the reserved cream and spoon it on the jelly. Add a bean.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 213(kcal)
- Fat 20.0g
- Saturates 12.5g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.