Grapefruit and tequila cocktail
Skill level: Easy peasy
Get the party started with these fruity grapefruit and tequila cocktails. They’re so simple to make and ideal for enjoying in the summer sunshine. This classic Mexican recipe will become a party favourite. Serve with thick lime wedges and rim each glass with salt for a traditional finish. The grapefruit works really well with the tequila to make it sweet and not too over powering.
- 150ml tequila
- 300ml pink grapefruit juice
- Lemonade or tonic water
- Ice cubes, to serve
- Lime wedges, for decoration
Swap the grapefruit for orange juice or lemon instead
- Rub the edge of a wedge of lime around the rim of each glass and then dip them in salt, to give a light coating.
- Mix together the tequila and grapefruit juice. Add lemonade or tonic water to taste.
- Put ice cubes in the glasses and fill with the drink and decorate with lime wedges. Serve immediately.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 78(kcal)
- Fat 0.0g
- Saturates 0.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.