Smoky squash and Stilton dip
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This is a simple combination that works wonders. Plenty of flavour makes this dip perfect for sharing. Serve alongside warmed pitta or crusty bread and let your guests help themselves. This recipe only takes 10 mins to prepare and combines soft butternut squash with the rich flavour of a dense Stilton cheese. A sprinkle of smoked paprika adds a kick to this recipe.
- 600g butternut squash
- I large onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- Olive oil for frying
- Knob of butter
- ¼tsp-smoked paprika
- 120g Stilton.
Next time you roast a butternut squash and you have leftovers keep this recipe in mind to make the next day. Just heat it up before step 3 and continue with the instructions.
- Peel and chop the butternut squash into small cubes. Place in a saucepan of boiling water and cook until tender.
- Meanwhile fry the onion and garlic in the olive oil and butter until caramelised then add the smoked paprika and stir into the onions for about a minute then take off the heat.
- Place the drained butternut squash and onions into a jug and puree with a plunge blender.
- Break the Stilton into small chunks and add to the puree, stir in thoroughly. Serve warm with toast, bread or vegetable sticks.