Bumble bee cupcakes
- 200g yellow fondant (or white fondant coloured with yellow food colouring)
- 40g black fondant
- 10g white fondant
- 30g white modelling paste
- Black sugar pearls
- Black edible food colour pen
- 1tbsp royal icing sugar and a few drop of water
- Rose petal dust
These super sweet bumble bee cupcakes are so easy to make - the kids are going to love helping you create their cute faces.
Animal cupcakes are a speciality of our cupcake queen Victoria Threader and these bumble bee cupcakes will brighten up any party or buffet spread.
If you've never worked with decorating fondant, these cupcakes are a good place to start. The simple design will give you confidence to try one of our more complex designs.
These cakes are made with a simple vanilla sponge mix but you can substitute it for lemon, carrot or chocolate sponge if you wish.
Fondant and modelling paste can be found in most supermarkets in the cake decorating aisle. If you're an unable to find coloured fondant you could colour white fondant yourself using food colouring.
- Deep muffin pan with 12 polka dot cases
- Rolling pin
- Water brush
- Sharp knife
- 68mm circle cookie cutter
- 1cm circles cutter for the eyes
- 25mm heart cutter
- Ribbon cutter (optional)