Cherry and pistachio traybake
Makes: 15 squares
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This delicious, moist cherry and pistachio traybake only takes 45 mins to bake and is well worth the wait. Packed with sweet, tangy cherries and sprinkled with crunchy pistachio nuts, this mouth-watering tray bake makes 15 medium sized squares which are perfect for sharing. Each square works out at 332 calories per portion. Serve with ice cream for dessert or a warm cuppa as a special afternoon treat.
- 250g butter, softened
- 250g self-raising flour
- 250g caster sugar
- 4 medium eggs
- 2 tbsps milk
- 100g packet pistachio nuts, chopped
- 350g cherries, stoned and halved
- 10 sugar cubes, crushed
- 18 x 28cm traybake tin, lined with baking parchment
Try chopped pecan nuts as a tasty alternative to pistachios.
- Set the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5.
- Put the butter, flour, sugar, eggs and milk in a bowl and beat until smooth. Stir in three-quarters of the pistachios and cherries, then spoon the mixture into the traybake tin and level the surface. Scatter over the remaining cherries, pistachios and the crushed sugar cubes and press slightly into the mixture.
- Bake the traybake in the centre of the oven for 35-45 mins, until the cake is risen, golden in colour and just firm to the touch. Remove the tin from the oven and turn the cake out onto a wire tray. Cut into 15 squares and serve warm or at room temperature.
Like this tray bake? You'll love our collection of easy tray bake recipes
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 332(kcal)
- Fat 19.0g
- Saturates 10.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.