Cherry ice lollies
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Get your ice lolly moulds at the ready and make these delicious cherry ice lollies - perfect for enjoying in the summer sunshine. Mixing together Greek yogurt, tangy cherries and honey, these ice lollies are bursting with flavour and much healthier than shop bought ice lollies too! Freeze for as long as possible for best results. This recipe makes 7-9 ice lollies depending on the size of your lolly moulds. Each lolly works out as 2g of fat and 49 calories.
- 250g cherries, stoned
- 200g carton Greek-style yogurt
- 1 tbsp honey
- Finely zested rind of 1 lemon
- Ice-lolly moulds and sticks
Once you've tried this recipe, you could swap the cherries for other fruits instead like strawberries or blueberries
- Place the ingredients in a liquidiser or food processor and whizz until smooth. Pour the mixture into the ice-lolly moulds and freeze for about 2 hours, until the mixture thickens. Press a stick into each and leave in the freezer and freeze until solid.
- Remove from the freezer and dip the moulds swiftly into hot water to release the lollies.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 49(kcal)
- Fat 2.0g
- Saturates 1.5g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.