Mrs Beaverís marmalade roll-on-the-run
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This Mrs Beaverís marmalade roll-on-the-run recipe was created by goodtoknow user Gill Bland as part of HarperCollins' fun Narnia baking competition.. It combines a tangy marmalade with a soft doughy mix to make sweet afternoon treats which only take 15 mins to bake.
- 230g plain flour
- 30g butter
- 55g caster sugar
- 1tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Approx 140ml milk
You could try this recipe using strawberry or blackberry jam too
- Preheat oven to 230įC/450įF/Gas Mark 8. Put the flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Rub in the margarine until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the sugar, mix, then add a little milk at a time combining until you have a stiff dough.
- Press the dough out into a rectangle. Spread the marmalade over it.
- Roll up lengthways. Using a very sharp knife cut into slices about 1 inch (2.5cm) thick.
- Place each roll on its side in a muffin tin (this helps hold it together). Bake for 10-15mins.