Trout salad with a creamy tomato dressing
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This simple trout salad with a creamy tomato dressing is a light and healthy lunch. It only takes 40 mins to rustle up and is enough for 2 people. For an even healthier spin poach the fish - this will make it extra soft and flavoursome too. Season with ground pepper and serve immediately. The delicious, sweet dressing can be used for other salads as well, as it really compliments the fish. You could try swapping trout for other fish instead like seabass or salmon.
- 2 trout fillets (about 300g) ready poached
- 1tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Juice 1/2 a lime
- 100g fresh (or frozen) broad beans
- About 60g watercress
- A few fresh dill fronds
- 4tbsps crème fraiche
- 1tbsp creamed
- Horseradish or 1tsp hot horseradish
- 2tsps olive oil
- Zest and juice of 1/2 a lime
- 2 ripe tomatoes, deseeded and diced
To poach the fish, add the fillets to pan of water, cover and simmer for about 4 minutes, Drain and set aside. Use a can of cannellini or borlotti beans if you don’t have fresh or frozen beans. Try it with salmon or other fish.
- To make the dressing: Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Skin the cooked trout and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of oil and the lime juice. Add the fresh beans to a pan of boiling water and simmer for about 5 minutes, until just tender. Drain, rinse with cold water, then take the skins off some or all of them.
- Mix the beans with 2 teaspoons of oil and the watercress and seasoning. Arrange on plates. Flake the fish over the salad and sprinkle with dill. Serve with the dressing.