Skill level: Bit of effort
Costs: Cheap as chips
Our Nutella cheesecake is a rich, gooey cheesecake recipe with a sweet, chocolate and hazelnut filling that you'll want to make time and time again. It's easier to make than you may think and is worth the wait. Perfect for dessert this delicious cheesecake serves 8-10 people and should take 1hr and 45 mins to make. The base of this cheesecake is made from crumbled petit beurres and the Nutella is creamed together with cream cheese and plain chocolate to make the sweet center. Dust with icing sugar to finish or drizzle in melted chocolate. Store this cheesecake in the fridge up to 2 days.
- 250g petit beurre or other plain biscuits/cookies
- 100g unsalted butter
- 50g plain chocolate
- 150g Nutella
- 200ml single/light cream
- 600g Philadelphia-style cheese
- 4 eggs
If you have any cheesecake leftover break it up and serve in a tall glass with ice cream
- Preheat the oven to 150°C/300°F/Gas Mark 2. Melt the butter in a bain-marie or in a bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- Crumble the biscuits/cookies into a small bowl then add the melted butter. Mix well then place the mixture in a greased cake tin, preferably a loose-bottomed one. Press the biscuit/cookie crumbs down with, for example, the bottom of aglass. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Put the chocolate, Nutella and cream in a saucepan and heat to dissolve.
- Mix well. In a separate bowl, beat together the cheese and the eggs then add the Nutella mixture. Pour this mixture into the cake tin on top of the biscuit/cookie crumbs.
- Bake for 60 minutes then turn off the oven. Leave the cheesecake in the oven for 30 minutes more. Remove from the oven and chill for at least 12 hours before serving.
Nutella: The 30 Best Recipes, published by Jacqui Small, £8.99 Hardback. All photos © Larousse