Prep time:plus resting time
Skill level: Bit of effort
This delicious and easy to make crab ravioli is the perfect pasta recipe for a dinner party. This recipe makes the pasta from scratch and has been triple tested in the Woman's Weekly kitchen. It takes 1hr to prepare including resting time for the dough. This pasta recipe will serve between 2-3 people and works out at 471 calories per portion. A light buttery sauce and a meaty crab filling make this dish even tastier. Serve as a filling lunch or light dinner.
IngredientsFor the pasta:
- 90g pasta flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium egg and 1 egg yolk
- 100g pack crabmeat (mixed white and brown)
- Pinch each of cayenne, paprika and nutmeg
- 1tbsp melted butter
- 1tbsp finely chopped flat-leaf parsley, plus extra for garnish
- 6tbsp virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 10cm plain cutter
You can use a food processor for making larger batches of pasta.
- To make the pasta: Put the flour and salt on a clean work surface and make a well in the middle. Spoon in the oil and add the egg and yolk. Use your fingers to mix the eggs and work into the flour to make a firm dough. Knead dough for 10 minutes, until smooth and supple, but not sticky. Wrap in cling film. Rest it at a cool room temperature for 20 mins.
- To make the filling: Mix the crab, spices, butter and chopped parsley and season.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to a rough rectangle with a rolling pin, then use a pasta machine to roll it really thinly (follow machine’s instructions), or cut the dough in half and roll out each piece as thinly as possible. Use the cutter to stamp out rounds and put these on a floured tray. Knead trimmings together and roll out to get more rounds (16 in total).
- Spoon 1 level tsp of filling, just off centre, on each round. Brush the edge with a little water. Fold over to make half-moons, pressing the edges together gently to seal in the filling. Dust with a little flour and set aside.
- To make the sauce: Heat 4 tbsp of the oil in a frying pan, add the garlic and cook for 2 mins. Add tomatoes and cook for 1-2 mins, then take off the heat. Season.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil, add the rest of the olive oil. Drop in the ravioli and cook for 4 mins. Scoop them out with a slotted spoon and add to the frying pan of warm sauce. Toss lightly. Spoon pasta and sauce into bowls and garnish with parsley.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 471(kcal)
- Fat 36.0g
- Saturates 7.5g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.