Smoked salmon taramasalata
Skill level: Easy peasy
This smoky spin on a classic taramasalata is a tasty light lunch with warm pita bread and salad or can be a speedy starter served on bread for unexpected guests. Try leaving off the salmon caviar for the kids if they're not too keen on strong flavours. It will only take you ten minutes to whip this delicious dip and so is an ideal standby recipe!
- 100g packet smoked salmon
- 200g carton carton cream cheese
- 100g Greek yogurt
- Zest 1 lemon
- 1tbps creamed horseradish, optional
- Freshly ground black pepper
- drizzle olive oil to serve
- Salmon “caviar” to serve, optional
Try uing a low fat yogurt for a healthier spin
- Place the smoked salmon, cream cheese, yogurt, lemon zest and horseradish (if using) into a food processor and whiz until smooth, then season to taste with black pepper.
- Spoon into serving bowl. And serve with some salmon caviar on top, if liked.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 49(kcal)
- Fat 4.5g
- Saturates 2.8g
- Sugars 0.0g
- Salt 0.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.