Annabel Karmel's English muffin pizzas
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Split, toasted English muffins make good individual pizza bases and by topping them yourself you can sneak in some extra veggies. Or get the kids involved by preparing the toppings and letting them make their own faces on their muffins for dinner.
- 1tbsp olive oil
- Half red onion, chopped
- Half small red pepper, diced
- Half small yellow pepper, diced
- 50g courgette, diced
- 50g brown mushrooms, diced
- 1tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1tsp garlic puree
- 2 English muffins
- 4tbsp passata
- 1tbsp sundried tomato paste
- 25g Cheddar, grated
- 25g mozzarella, grated
You can try using lots of different veggies to vary the recipe.
- Preheat the grill. Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the onion, peppers, courgette and mushrooms, fry for 8 minutes until soft and lightly golden brown. Add the thyme and garlic and fry for one minute.
- Slice the muffins in half, arrange on a baking sheet cut side up. Mix the passata and sundried tomato paste together, spoon over the onions, spoon the mixed vegetables on top and sprinkle with Cheddar and Mozzarella.
- Grill for 4 to 5 minutes until bubbling and the cheese has melted.
Taken from Annabel Karmel’s Favourites, a series of 10 beautifully illustrated bite-sized recipe books to inspire busy mums on the supermarket run, available exclusively in Sainsbury’s stores (£4.99 for two)