Pistachio and white chocolate cookies
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
These cookies are buttery, soft and crunchy all at the same time. The perfect pal for a cup of tea or the ideal treat to pop into lunch boxes. Best eaten warm so that the chocolate is still soft and gooey, these cookies will equally keep well in an airtight container for a few days, if there are any left that is!
- 200g plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 100g soft butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Pinch of salt
- 50g chopped pistachio nuts
- 50g roughly chopped white chocolate
If you prefer a gooey cookie, simply cook for les time. Be careful when lifting them off the tray though as they will be really soft.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4.
- Cream together the butter, sugar and vanilla.
- Beat in the egg, followed by the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix till just combined so as not to overwork the dough. Stir through the nuts and chocolate.
- Roll into golf-ball size rounds and place on a baking tray. Flatten slightly with your hand. Remember to leave plenty of room between them as they will spread.
- Bake for 10 minutes until just slightly golden around the edges and still gooey in the middle. Cool on a wire rack.