Mince pie twists
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Transform your mince pies into fun party food with these quick and easy twists. You need just two ingredients and 30 mins to whip these up - perfect if you've got some unexpected guests dropping round during the festive period!
- 210g ready made shortcrust pastry
- 125g ready made mincemeat
You can add dark chocolate shavings to the centre of the twists for a naughty finish
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Roll out the pastry and cut 12 thick strips. Place a thin line of mincemeat down the centre of each strip. Fold the sides of the pastry over the mincemeat and pinch together at a few points down the join. Press the pieces of pastry firmly together to ensure they stick.
- Take two strips and press the ends together and gently twist the strips together, pressing the top together when the ends meet.
- Place on a baking tray lined with baking parcement and bake for 20 mins until golden brown.
- Allow to cool and serve.