Edible Christmas present decorations
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
These creative edible Christmas present decorations are fun for making with the kids. Using Rice Krispies Squares, a little bit of icing sugar and some festive fondant, these edible Christmas presents are perfect for decorating your tree with this year. Each present is finished with a festive ribbon and bow. Sprinkle with edible glitter or dust with edible silver or gold spray.
- 3x Rice Krispie Squares
- Ready-to-roll green and red icing
- Silver or gold sugar balls (Dr Oetker)
- Silver or gold edible spray (Dr Oetker)
- Edible glitter (Lakeland)
- Icing sugar with a few drops of water
Come and see more of our creative and edible Christmas tree decorations here
- Start by cutting the Rice Krispie Square bars in half. Mix up the icing sugar with a few drops of water to make a thick paste - this will work as your glue.
- Pop one half of the Square on top of the other and sandwich together with a thin layer of icing.
- Meanwhile roll out the green fondant ½cm thick. Make sure the fondant is as bigger than your Rice Krispie Squares stacks. Spread some icing over the stack.
- Flip the fondant onto the stack and smooth down around the square with your fingertips. Once you're happy with the covering, cut off the rest of the fondant and repeat until you've covered all 3 presents.
- Cut a piece of ribbon for each, and tie around like you would a normal present and finish with a bow. Add the little silver balls by sticking down with the icing sugar mix or spray with gold edible spray to finish.
- Leave to dry before placing on your Christmas tree. You can string to the ribbon to hook it up on the Christmas tree too.