Candy chocolate heart decorations
Prep time:plus cooling time
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
These candy chocolate heart decorations are simple and delicious. They don't take long to make and only need a little time to set in the fridge. Perfect for making with the kids, these festive candy cane hearts will look great on your Christmas tree this year. Make them last longer on the tree by popping them in a cellophane bag.
- 100g white chocolate
- 6-10 candy cane sticks
Swap the white chocolate for milk or dark. Come and see more of our creative and edible Christmas tree decorations here
- Line a wooden/plastic board with greaseproof paper. Secure the paper in place using some cellotape.
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave on a low heat, stirring every now and then. Once the chocolate has melted leave to one side to cool slightly.
- Prepare the candy canes by placing them onto the greaseproof paper to make a heart shape. Make sure each end is touching.
- Cut some ribbon and tie each end to form a loop. Rest the ribbon at the top of the heart shape.
- Spoon some of the melted chocolate in the centre of the heart spreading outwards. Make sure you cover the end of the ribbon too so it can set in the chocolate.
- Repeat with the rest of the heart shapes and then pop in the fridge to set.