Glitter cherry decorations
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Give your Christmas tree a makeover this year with these festive glitter cherry decorations. Using fresh cherries and a little egg white, this recipe turns simple shop-bought cherries into impressive Christmas decorations. Bunch 3 dusted glitter cherries together to make one delicious Christmas decoration. Make them last longer by popping into a cellophane bag and finishing with a bow.
- 12 fresh cherries
- 1 egg
- Edible glitter or dust (Lakeland)
- Ribbon or festive string
You could also dip your cherries in melted chocolate and sprinkle with festive glitter too. Come and see more of our creative and edible Christmas tree decorations here
- Line a wooden or plastic board with greaseproof paper and secure with some cellotape.
- Break the egg into a bowl and scoop out the yolk. For this recipe you will need the white only. Give the whites a little whisk to loosen and then leave to one side.
- Wash the cherries and then pat dry. Once dry, dip into the egg whites and then place on the greaseproof paper.
- Dust the cherries with your chosen glitter or edible dust and cover. Leave to set on the greaseproof paper.
- Tap off any loose glitter or dust and then tie 3 together with a piece of ribbon and pop onto the tree.