Marshmallow tinsel decoration
Prep time:plus setting time
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Ever heard of edible tinsel before? No? Well these delicious marshmallow tinsel decorations not only look the part, but taste delicious too. All you have to do is thread the marshmallows, with a needle and thread, and then drizzle in chocolate - it's that simple. The kids will love decorating this tasty treat and eating it afterwards too!
- Large marshmallows
- 100g dark chocolate
- Gold or silver sugar balls
You will also need:
- A large needle
Come and see more of our creative and edible Christmas tree decorations here
- Start by threading all of the marshmallows onto the string. Put the thread through the needle and then push the needle through the centre of the marshmallow, wiggle the needle until it pops out at the other end. Continue to do this with all the marshmallows until you feel you've got enough.
- Line a wooden or plastic board with some greaseproof paper and secure in place with a little cellotape.
- Meanwhile melt the dark chocolate in the microwave on a low heat, checking and stiring throughout. Once melted, leave to cool for about 5 mins before it begins to set.
- Place the marshmallow tinsel onto the greaseproof paper and drizzle in the chocolate. Dust with the silver or gold sugar balls and leave to set in the fridge for about 5-10 mins. Shake off any excess sugar balls that haven't stuck down and place on your tree.