Sweetie bauble decorations
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
These fun decorations need no cooking so they're perfect for making with the kids this Christmas. All you need to do is melt the chocolate for them, then watch their little hands get dirty! Feel free to buy different kinds of edible decorations for the kids to really get creative with. You can buy all sorts of things, like edible glitter or little icing balls to help them decorate. Let their imagination run away with them with this super simple recipe that makes 4 edible baubles.
- 1 large bag Jelly Tots (or sweets of your choice)
- 1 100g bar of white chocolate
- 2 Rice Krispie Squares
- Ribbon (to hang to the tree)
See more of our creative edible Christmas tree decorations
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave in short bursts, stirring in between. Be careful to check regularly as white chocolate is very temperamental to work with.
- Cut the Rice Krispie Squares in half then shape into balls with your hands.
- Dunk one ball at a time in the cooled white chocolate then place on a piece of greaseproof paper. Gently place the sweets onto the white chocolate, pressing down to ensure they stick. Leave the bottom free from sweets.
- Once all the balls are covered, place in the fridge to set.
- When the balls are set, remove from the fridge and gently turn over so the sweet-free base is face up.
- Cut a length of ribbon and place both ends on the base and cover with a thick layer of the melted chocolate to stick. Place back in the fridge until firmly attached, then hang from your tree.