Griddled sweet potato and prosciutto salad
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This delicious salad combines soft sweet potato with salty prosciutto to balance a classic flavour combination. With vitamin rich chickpeas, radishes and spinach, this warm salad dish not only tastes good, it's an ideal dish to make when you're trying to be healthy too. In just 11 little minutes you can have a tasy lunch on the table, it's a great way to use up that jar of pesto that has been hanging around your fridge too!
- 4tbsp of fresh green pesto or a dressing like Pizza Express' basil pesto dressing
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled
- 8 slices prosciutto ham
- 160g spinach
- 8tbsp tinned chickpeas
- 8 small radishes, thinly sliced
- Handful of fresh basil, torn
This recipe is just as delicious with regular potatoes. Simply par boil the slices for ten minutes before frying till tender.
- Thinly slice the peeled sweet potatoes into 24 slices. Cut each slice of prosciutto ham into 3 pieces; wrap each sweet potato slice in the ham.
- Heat a griddle pan until hot. Place the wrapped sweet potato into the pan and cook for 3 mins on each side.
- Meanwhile, place the spinach, chickpeas, radishes and basil into a large bowl. Add four tablespoons of pesto Dressing and gently toss to coat.
- Arrange the dressed salad on a large plate. Top with the griddled sweet potato and prosciutto slices and serve with extra dressing if desired.
PizzaExpress salad dressings are currently sold in Sainsbury’s Tesco, ASDA, Morrisons and Waitrose stores with an RRP of £1.99.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 265(kcal)
- Fat 12.9g
- Saturates 1.8g
- Sugars 6.3g
- Salt 1.7g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.