Pizza Express warm Caesar salad
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Make your favourite restaurant meal with Pizza Express' warm Caesar salad recipe. This warm version of the classic salad makes it the perfect light bite for when the weather's a bit colder. Drizzled with creamy Caesar dressing and served up with crunchy toasted ciabatta, this recipe combines lots of different textures for an all-round delicious meal. At only 265 calories this is a tasty lunch that you won't have to feel guilty about.
- 4tbsp light Caesar dressing, we used Pizza Express'
- 4 small chicken breasts, sliced
- 4 baby gem lettuces
- 8 thin slices of ciabatta bread
- 4tsp toasted pine nuts
- Parmesan light shavings
- Black pepper
For a naughtier treat add bacon bits.
- Preheat a griddle pan until hot. Cook the sliced chicken for 3 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Set to one side.
- Slice the baby gem lettuce in quarters, length ways. Heat the griddle pan and chargrill the baby gem lettuce and ciabbatta slices for 2 minutes on each side.
- Arrange the chargrilled baby gem lettuce on a large plate. Scatter the grilled chicken and pine nuts on top of the lettuce.
- Drizzle the Caesar dressing over the salad and garnish with Parmesan light shavings and freshly ground black pepper.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 265(kcal)
- Fat 11.9g
- Saturates 2.1g
- Sugars 1.1g
- Salt 0.7g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.