No-bake chocolate truffle crunch
Prep time:Plus 30 minutes chilling time
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This no-bake chocolate truffle crunch is the perfect last-minute dessert recipe, and made with rich chocolate it is sure to be a crowd pleaser. This recipe for chocolate truffle crunch only takes 20 minutes to whip up and then is ready to set in the fridge. It is also the perfect pud to get the kids in the kitchen as there is no baking or hot ovens required. The chocolate filling is smooth and crumbly, like a really luxurious truffle should be. We think it should be served up with cream or ice cream for an impressive desserts, no one will ever guess how easy it was to make - we certainly won't be telling them!
- 125g butter, melted
- 200g digestive biscuits, crushed
- 300ml carton whipping cream
- 2tbsp icing sugar
- Few drops of vanilla extract
- 200g bar dark chocolate, melted
- Cocoa, for dusting
- 20cm (8in) round, loosebottomed
- sandwich tin, base
- lined with baking parchment
Sprinkle with lustre dust or edible glitter for an extra special finish.
- To make the crust: Stir the butter into the crushed biscuits, tip into the sandwich tin and press down well to cover the base and sides of the tin. Chill the tin for at least 30 minutes to allow the crust to set.
- To make the filling: Pour the cream into a bowl and add the icing sugar and vanilla extract. Whisk until the mixture forms soft peaks, then gradually whisk in the melted chocolate until the mixture thickens, but taking care not to over-whip. Spoon the mixture into the biscuit case and spread out. Chill for a few hours, or overnight, until the filling has set. Dust with cocoa before serving.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 414(kcal)
- Fat 32.0g
- Saturates 19.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.