Salted caramel dip
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This decadent dip is the perfect thing to dunk ready salted crisps into - no really! The crunchy, salted crisps work perfectly with the smooth, sweet and salted dip, creating a flavour sensation. Why not give it a go as a fun dessert the next time you have friends round?
- 25g caster sugar
- 2tbsp warm water
- 200ml creme fraiche
- 10g sea salt
- 5g rock salt
This salted caramel dip would also be perfect drizzled on ice cream or your fave dessert
- Warm a solid based saucepan on the stove. Sprinkle in the caster sugar and watch while it starts to colour and melt to a caramel colour.
- Carefully add the warm water (it may spit a bit), whilst moving the pan around in the other hand, so that the mixture starts to cool, stops colouring and melts into a caramel.
- Add half of the creme fraiche into the saucepan and blend into the caramel.
- Place the contents into a mixing bowl and fold in the remaining creme fraiche.
- Cut each square of fudge into quarters.
- Cover with cling film and refrigerate until ready to serve.