Chocolate and caramel lava fondant
Skill level: Bit of effort
Costs: Cheap as chips
This naughty combination of rich chocolate and sweet caramel makes a delicious dessert for when you need something a little bit special. They only take 20 minutes to get into the oven and really are a lot easier than you might think. The trick is to make sure you don't over cook them, you want the centre saucy and delicious - not baked all the way through.
- 200g bar dark chocolate
- 100g butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 100g caster sugar
- 50g plain flour
- 6-7 rounded tbsp caramel sauce
- Cocoa, for dusting
You will also need:
- 6-7 mini pudding tins, well buttered and floured
Serve with ice cream or whipped cream, if you like.
- Set the oven to 200°C/392°F/Gas Mark 6.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together, either in a microwave oven or gently in a pan on the hob.
- Whisk the eggs, additional egg yolks and sugar together until the mixture is light and fluffy. Fold in the melted chocolate mixture. Sift the flour over the top and stir it in. Fill each tin to two-thirds full with the resulting mixture. Place a spoonful of the caramel sauce in the centre of each pudding, then top with the remaining mixture.
- Place the tins on a baking tray and put in the oven. Cook for 15-20 minutes until the puddings are just set.
- Remove from the oven and leave to settle in their tins for 2-3 minutes, then turn out on to serving plates. Dust with cocoa and serve immediately.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 417(kcal)
- Fat 24.0g
- Saturates 14.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.