John will be showing us all the tricks of the trade when it comes to cooking Australian food. Expect plenty of tasty recipes, John Torode humour and a few tear jerking moments too.
What's on the menu for this series?From beer can chicken to twice baked goats' cheese soufflés, this series promises plenty of mouth-watering recipes to sink your teeth into.
Week oneJohn's Australian journey starts in Sydney. Here are some of the recipes that he's going to be making this week...
- Monday: Vietnamese seafood stir-fry, beer can chicken, Asian slaw and prawn and scallop skewers.
- Tuesday: Prawn cocktail canapes and pan-fried cod with clams.
- Wednesday: Chinese-style abalone stir-fry and clam chowder.
- Thursday: Beef and asparagus rolls with horseradish mayo, seaweed salad and scallops with garlic butter.
- Friday: Chicken and pork satay with mango salad and a double chocolate and rum mousse.
Week twoThe journey continues for another week...
- Monday: Tropical fruit granola, kangaroo loin and goat curry.
- Tuesday: Vietnamese rolls, roast chicken with asparagus and hollandiase.
- Wednesday: Beef Rendang, shellfish, beef and creek.
- Thursday: Polenta with mushrooms and gorgonzola, marinated lamb souvlaki wraps and grilled figs with yogurt and pistachio praline.
- Friday: Chicken and crab noodle salad, twice baked goat’s cheese soufflé, beef Wellington.
John Torode's Australia starts Monday 3rd March, Good Food Channel 8pm