Sausage and mashed potato pancakes
Cooking time:(per pancake)
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Give your favourite meal a fun twist by serving sausages and gravy with mashed potato pancakes. It's easy to combine mashed potatoes and pancake batter - and the results are just delicious! This meal would make a good treat for Pancake Day - or for days when you fancy something a little different. Mashed potato pancakes area great way of using up leftovers
IngredientsFor the pancakes:
- 60g self-raising flour
- 175g milk
- 1 egg
- Pinch of salt
- 200g mashed potato
- 6 sausages
- 1 tbsp gravy granules
- Oil/butter for frying
You could use sweet potato mash pancakes instead
- Cook the sausages, according to the packet instructions, and prepare the mashed potato (if making from scratch, allow to cool before adding to the pancake batter).
- Prepare the pancake batter by whisking the egg and milk together before pouring into the flour and salt. Add in the mashed potato and whisk to combine - making sure there are no lumps.
- Start to cook the pancakes 10 mins before the sausages are ready.
- Heat a little oil or butter in a small frying pan and pour a ladle of batter into the pan. Allow to cook on one side before carefully turning. The mixture is quite soft, due to the potatoes, so this needs to be done quite carefully. We flipped it by transferring it from one pan to another.
- Make up a thick gravy with a spreadable consistency and spread a thick layer over the pancakes. Slice the sausages in half and place 3 on the gravy then top with another pancake.