Char-grilled seafood risotto
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 15g butter
- 2 shallots/1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 head of fennel, cored and finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 4tbsp sherry or Madeira
- 150g arborio rice
- 600ml hot fish stock
- 4tbsp low fat crème fraiche
- 4-6 fresh king scallops
- 4-6 fresh prawns
- 4-6 slices chorizo
- Parsley leaves
- 1-2tbsp olive oil
To get your risotto really creamy make sure you stir constantly. The stirring releases the rice's starch making it soft and smooth.
- Melt the butter in a shallow pan over a medium heat. Add the shallot/onion, fennel and garlic and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the sherry, or Madeira, and seasoning and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Stir in the rice, and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Pour in about a third of the stock, adding more once it has been absorbed, and cook,stirring frequently for 15-18 minutes or until rice is just tender. Take off the heat and stir through the crème fraiche.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan/griddle pan until very hot. Brush the seafood with oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook the scallops, prawns and the chorizo slices for about 1 minute on each side. Divide the risotto between plates, top with the seafood, garnish with parsley and drizzle with oil.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 382(kcal)
- Fat 11.0g
- Saturates 6.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.