Scotch Creme Eggs
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Give your Creme Egg a serious makeover by whipping up some of these easy and moreish Scotch Creme Eggs. We all love a Scotch egg – on a picnic out or as a delicious snack at home. But this year we bring you a recipe for the ultimate Scotch egg – the Scotch Creme Egg. Soft madeira cake, strawberry jam and toasted coconut combine to make a delicious sweet version of the classic snack for a fun Easter-themed treat. This recipe makes 4 eggs and will take only 30 mins to prepare and assemble. The Creme Eggs with a twist are perfect for sharing with friends and family, great for Easter themed-parties or gatherings too. Store any leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.
IngredientsFor this Easter recipe you will need:
- 20g dessicated coconut
- 100g Madeira cake
- 1 dessert spoon seedless raspberry jam
- 4 Cadbury Creme Eggs, foil removed
You could try this with other chocolate eggs including Mini Eggs or Caramel filled ones.
- Toast the coconut under the grill until golden brown.
- Break the cake into crumbs and heat the jam in a small pan until melted. Mix half of the jam into the cake crumbs and mix well together to make the cake pink in colour and smooth.
- Divide into four then form around the Cadbury Creme Eggs in a thin layer. Brush lightly with the remaining jam and roll in the toasted coconut to resemble a scotch egg.
- Cut in half and enjoy with a friend!