Creamy salmon tagliatelle
Costs: Cheap as chips
Skill level: Easy peasy
Get the family eating more healthy fish with this delicious pasta recipe, packed with big chunks of tasty, flaked salmon. Taking just 20 minutes, this pasta recipe is perfect for busy days when you need healthy family food fast. Peas give it an extra veggie boost too and added flavour. This recipe serves 4 people and works out at 558 calories per portion. You can cut down the calorie and fat count by swapping the crème fraiche for low-fat instead.
Try using different pasta shapes if you prefer.
- 250g salmon fillet
- 1 concentrated vegetable stock pot (we used Knorr)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 200g tagliatelle
- 125g frozen peas
- 250ml crème fraiche
- Heat the oven to 220°C/428°F/Gas Mark 7. Put the salmon on a lined baking tray and cook in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Bring 1ltr of salted water to the boil. Add the vegetable stock pot and onion and then stir to combine and plunge in the tagliatelle. Return to the boil and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the peas to the pasta pan and cook for 3 minutes until the peas and pasta are tender. Drain the pasta, reserving just a little stock in the base of the pan.
- Return the pasta to the pan with the crème fraiche. Remove the salmon from the skin and add in chunks to the pan. Gently stir to combine. Season with salt and ground black pepper.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 558(kcal)
- Fat 33.0g
- Saturates 18.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.