Thai prawn curry noodles
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Spice up your mid-week with this deliciously fragrant broth packed with soft rice noodles and juicy prawns. Using a handy jar of curry paste, zesty lime, rich fish sauce and creamy coconut milk you can achieve an authentic taste in minutes with this recipe. Delicious as a filling lunch or healthy dinner.
- 125gThai rice noodles
- 2tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 2 x 400ml cans reduced-fat coconut milk
- 200g large cooked prawns
- 1 bunch spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded, and sliced into strips
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- Dash of fish sauce
- Pinch of caster sugar
- Coriander leaves, to garnish
If you like a milder curry then you could try swapping the red curry paste for green.
- Put the noodles into a bowl and pour over boiling water to cover. Leave for 4 minutes until they swell up and turn white.
- Meanwhile, put the Thai curry paste into a pan with the coconut milk. Heat gently, stirring.
- Add the prawns, spring onions, red pepper, lime zest and juice, fish sauce and sugar. Warm through for a couple of minutes. Add the noodles and heat for a minute. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 335(kcal)
- Fat 16.0g
- Saturates 12.5g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.