Lemon ice-cream cake
Total time:Plus freezing time
Skill level: Easy peasy
This dessert is super speedy to whip up, literally, and will keep for weeks in the freezer meaning you can have a fancy pud at the drop of the hat if you have unexpected guests pop in on you. With a buttery biscuit base and a silky smooth top, this cake is the perfect combination of flavour as well as texture. Serve with plenty of fresh raspberries for a fresh and fruity dessert.
- 30g unsalted butter
- 8 digestive biscuits, crushed into crumbs
- 2 large eggs
- 150g caster sugar
- 300ml pot double cream
- 2 lemons – grated zest from 1 and juice from both
- Raspberries, to serve
Remove 10 minutes before serving to make it easier to scoop.
- Melt the butter and stir into the crushed biscuits. Spread evenly over the base of the dish but don’t press down.
- Separate the eggs and whisk the whites until stiff. Add the sugar and whisk again until thick and glossy.
- Whip the cream and fold in the egg yolks mixed with the lemon zest and juice. Fold the whites into the cream mixture.
- Pour over the crumble base and put in the freezer. It will take 4-5 hours to freeze. Serve frozen, with raspberries.
Note: This recipe contains raw egg.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 373(kcal)
- Fat 28.0g
- Saturates 16.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.