Spring greens and sprouting broccoli with bay dressing
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 30g butter or 2tbsp olive oil
- 3 bay leaves, torn
- Juice of 1 lemon or 2tbsp sherry vinegar
- 400g sprouting broccoli
- 400g spring greens, hard central stem removed
If spring greens are out of season, you could substitute any other form of young cabbage, kale, or baby spinach instead.
- Warm the butter or oil in a small pan with the bay leaves and lemon juice.
- Meanwhile, boil or steam the broccoli and greens until tender. Drain well, arrange on a serving platter. Drizzle with dressing and season with freshly ground black pepper.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 81(kcal)
- Fat 5.5g
- Saturates 3.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.