Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
These delicious raspberry cupcakes are really simple to make. Using a quick, all in one method you can make these cakes in no time at all. Decorate with homemade buttercream and fresh raspberries to make them look the part. Each cupcake has fresh raspberries in the sponge too which gives them a deliciously sweet bite. Drizzle in raspberry coulis to make them even sweeter. Our baking blogger Maxine Owen made this recipe as part of her baking around the world blog.There bright cupcakes make a welcome addition to any celebration table and would be perfect if youíre having the girls round for tea. Using fresh raspberries and raspberry coulis to flavour these sweet cupcakes, they only take 45 minutes to make and the recipe makes 12 cupcakes, so itís a great speedy go to cupcake recipe.
You could try this recipe with other berries too like blackberries or blueberries
- To make this cupcake recipe, preheat the oven 180C/350F/Gas mark 4.
- Place 8-10 large muffin cases in a muffin tin or 12-15 medium size cases.
- Pop all the ingredients for the sponge in a bowl, and using an electric mixer, beat until thick and creamy.
- Half fill the cases and pop 2-3 raspberries on top of the mix, slightly pushing them in.
- Cover each raspberry with some more mix then pop into the oven for about 15-20 mins until golden and risen. Leave them to cool on a wire rack.
- Pipe your buttercream in a nice swirl on top of the cakes, drizzle some raspberry coulis over and decorate with chocolate hearts and a raspberry.