Mediterranean roast potatoes
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
These Mediterranean roast potatoes are the perfect choice for a summer Sunday lunch. With crispy new potatoes and juicy cherry tomatoes baked with olive oil, garlic and anchovies, this spud recipe is a true taste of the Med. Try serving it up with roast chicken or baked fish for a delicious family feast.
- 750g new potatoes
- 4tbsp light olive oil
- 1 bulb garlic, separated into cloves
- 50g anchovy fillets (tinned), drained and sliced
- 200-300g cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 3-4tbsp sliced olives (black and green)
- Black pepper, to season
The way to tell whether a potato is new – rather than just small – is to rub the skin. It should come off easily.
- Begin by preheating the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
- Place the potatoes in a roasting tin and coat with 2tbsp olive oil. Roast them in the centre of the oven for 20 mins.
- Remove from the oven and add the rest of the ingredients, drizzling over the remaining olive oil and grinding over some black pepper. Return to the oven for 20-25 mins, or until the potatoes are tender and the skins on the tomatoes are just starting to split. Serve immediately.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 183(kcal)
- Fat 9.5g
- Saturates 1.5g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.