Asparagus, new potato and green beans salad
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
You'll be well on your way to reaching your 5-a-day with this healthy, hearty three veg salad. It's got tender asparagus, creamy new potatoes, crunchy green beans and protein rich egg, all on a bed of peppery rocket. You can whip up this salad in just 30 minutes, making it perfect for a filling lunch or light summer dinner.
- 500g new potatoes
- 150-200g green beans
- 100g asparagus tips
- 4 medium eggs, hard boiled
- Handful of rocket leaves
For the dressing:
- 4tbsp virgin olive oil
- 2tbsp lemon juice
- 1tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1tsp caster sugar
- 1tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper, to season
To make this more of a main meal, add some drained canned tuna.
- Place the potatoes in a pan of water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 12 mins. Add the beans to the pan and cook for a further 3 mins, then add the asparagus and cook for another 1-2 mins or until all the vegetables are just tender. Drain and then rinse them under cold water to cool them. When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, scrape off the skins and cut the potatoes in half.
- Arrange the potatoes, beans and asparagus on plates, and top with a quartered egg and a few rocket leaves.
- Meanwhile, mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, sugar, parsley and seasoning to make a dressing. Drizzle over the salad and serve.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 300(kcal)
- Fat 19.0g
- Saturates 3.5g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.