Pear and goat's cheese salad
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 1 ripe pear
- 90g round of goat’s cheese
- A little olive oil
- Leaves from a few small thyme sprigs, optional
- Small handful of walnuts or pecans
- About half a bag of rocket and chard salad, or whichever salad leaves you like
- Wholemeal baguette
For the dressing:
- 1tbsp cranberry sauce or redcurrant jelly
- 1tbsp red or white wine vinegar, or balsamic vinegar
- 1tbsp good olive oil
Cooked beetroot works well instead of the pear in this salad.
- Heat the grill to medium. Cut the pear lengthways into 4 slices and put on a baking tray (lined with baking parchment if you have some). Cut the cheese across into 3 slices. Brush the pear and cheese with oil, sprinkle thyme leaves and seasoning on the cheese and grill for about 4 mins.
- To make the dressing, mix all the ingredients together. Add the nuts to the tray and grill for 1-2 mins, watching them to ensure that they don't burn.
- Put salad leaves on a plate, add the pear slices, then slide the melting goat’s cheese on top. Drizzle with dressing. Eat with a baguette.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 778(kcal)
- Fat 50.0g
- Saturates 20.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.