Spanish-style sea bass
Skill level: Bit of effort
- 60g chorizo, cut into chunks
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and sliced
- 1/2tsp fennel seeds, optional
- 1 small courgette, trimmed and cut into short sticks
- About 50g ready-chopped kale
- 125g butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 5 peppadew peppers
- 2tsp tomato ketchup, optional
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 sea-bass fillet
- Lemon wedge
Use cherry tomatoes instead of the peppadews and fresh spinach instead of kale, if you prefer.
- Heat a frying pan, add the chorizo and fry for a couple of mins until it releases its oil. Add the garlic and fennel seeds, then the courgette sticks and kale and stir-fry for 52mins.
- Add the butter beans, peppers, ketchup, if using, and 1-2tbsp water and simmer for 1 min until the liquid is absorbed. Tip out on to a warm plate, keep it warm in the oven.
- Rub a little oil over the sea bass and season it well. Heat the pan and, when hot, sear the fish, skin-side down, for a few mins. When the skin is crisp, flip the fillet over and cook for 1-2 mins. Put on top of the veg, drizzle with the rest of the oil and add a lemon wedge.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 659(kcal)
- Fat 41.0g
- Saturates 10.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.